Thursday, November 28, 2013

Forever24

I've tried to come up with a feasible explanation with my title. Yesterday, we were looking for the perfect spot to for our shoot. This is one of the things that stresses me and my "professional" photographer, Mummy J the most. First, we went to Velasco Building to take some sample shots, but then I wasn't contented with the results of the photos. Afterwards, we tried taking photos near the Christmas Tree that was being built in Henry Sy Grounds, but it wasn't too good either. Finally, we decided to just go with one of our usual spots. With regards to the "24" sign in the background, it's simply just there during the shoot. We weren't really thinking of its relevance at that time. But thinking about it now, the 20 signifies my current age. Meanwhile, the 4 represents the four years of my stay here in DLSU.:)) The Forever represents me since I'm a die hard Forever21 girl.


This was literally the hottest photo shoot that we've ever had. I was even wearing a pullover during this time huhuhu. In between takes, we were either drinking water or remedying our situation.Naks, nagpapaka-professional haha.
For some reason, I've always wondered what it feels like to reach the age of 20. When I was in high school, I've learned that you should apply eye cream when you start your  20's. Back then, all I could hope was to turn 20 so that I could finally use an eye cream, knowing that it's finally for my age. Now that I am, a part of me wishes to be back to my 13-year old self, wherein I didn't have to deal with so many things and worry so much about my future. But being 20 has solidified my identity and my independence. There are still so many things that I hate about myself and there are also some parts of me that I surprisingly admire. I have been living alone for about 3 years now, and I've learned to deal with so many responsibilities on my own.I'm thankful that I don't have to worry about having a living just yet since my parents are supporting me entirely. By responsibilities, I mean dealing with even the simplest issues at home or the tougher ones outside the safety corners of my home. The best thing about this however,  is that I get to have my unlimited me-time haha. 


I'm sorry if my post is turning into a PERSEF essay or a reflection paper for school haha.On turning twenty, I've come to realize that graduation is  just around the corner. I'm so excited for so many things  to pursue and fulfill, hello bucket list!!!! Yesterday, I was telling mummy J about my desire to be a social entrepreneur or starting a business that gives back. I have always admired the advocacies of Human Nature, Bayani Brew, and a whole lot of other brands for their goal of providing good products while giving back, and promoting the resources that can be used in our country. Aside from that, I've always wanted to work in media/ publishing/ museum. This just goes to show that  there's so manyyy amazing opportunities to pursue.This message is also to anyone who's currently reading this! So leaving college next year might not be so bad, after all!


                                                             Photos by Jannel Serrano
Much love,
Nikki

1 comment: