Monday, July 22, 2013

Gastronomic Delight : Wingman


PART 2 of the Saturday Cheat Day
Before I begin with the sinful food, please bear with me while I share these photos, or as I call it, banyo shots!  I couldn't help myself, I just had to ask my friend to take these shots simply because I found the caption enticing! "Not today,darling!" Haha

So back to the food... my friend told me about Wingman after seeing it on Erwan Heussaff's instagram. Yes, the most rational thing to do for foodies like us was to plan a date and temporarily suffer and count the days before we could go. I may not say this a lot, not that it really mattered before, but my ultimate favorite food would be chicken. To say that I am in love with it would be an understatement itself! (Fried chicken, soy chicken, hainanese chicken, and so on and so forth) :)

Last saturday, we were able to go to the Collective and finally give in to our cravings! It's pretty funny because my friend and I had already planned the food that we're going to order days before. Thanks to the reliable MuchPunch, we were able to successfully plan so that we can try a lot of  flavors from their selection. (ahem).
We went around four in the afternoon, so the place was not that packed.Thank Goodness!
Half dozen of wings - 200php
One Dozen of wings - 330 php
As for our "appetizers," I ordered regular fries while Symba ordered onion rings. Oh my gaddd, they really have a generous serving! 
*insert drumroll please* And now...the chicken wings!!!
I ordered half a dozen of Parmesan Garlic and Lemon Pepper. Meanwhile, Symba ordered half a dozen of Honey Garlic and Mango Barbecue!
When I had my first bite, I think I just died and went straight into chicken paradise.If Buddha had nirvana, I had food nirvana because of this place!

 I am ridiculously in love with Lemon Pepper! Well, I think it has something to do with the fact that I love food that has any touch of lemon. You could really taste the citrus flavor on this one! Also, I am in love with Symba's order, the Mango Barbecue! For a while, we debated because we didn't know if the one we liked was actually Honey Garlic or Mango Barbecue since both flavors tasted sweet. Thankfully, Symba clarified that it was really Mango Barbecue!! So next time, we both know which ones to order : Lemon Pepper and Mango Barbecue.
Oh man, I can't wait to go back to this chicken paradise.  :)

Much Love,
Nikki


No comments:

Post a Comment