Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Work It

After many months of wanting this to happen, I finally tried boxing yesterday!! While I am writing this post, my whole body still aches and I am trying my best to bear with the tingling sensations caused by Salonpas huhu. Anyhow, for the past several months, I've been researching about different workout plans offered by gyms. Let me just say that I've never enrolled in a gym so I've been debating about several options that were available. In the end,since Elorde Taft is really convenient for someone like me who stays near DLSU, it was simply the best option out there. 

Sports is my ultimate weakness, aside from math. For a lot of times, I've fantasized about waking up the next day and being some sort of a sporty/athletic kind of gal. Right now, I have come to accept that I would never be someone who excels in any kind of sports.But when I tried boxing yesterday, together with my mamita, Symba,we were both hooked!The first session was definitely intense! We squeezed a bit of time for our first workout before our class starts.We came to the gym at around 8am since both our classes start at 11:20 am.At different points during the session, the trainers were laughing at my gazillion fail moments.And even though I won't see myself being a great boxer immediately, the workout is really fun and addicting. I'm glad that I have my mamita as my workout buddy. In that way, we can laugh together during our fail moments, or during times of cheating when our trainers were looking away hihihi. 

We'll be having our second session tomorrow and we can hardly wait!  I am not a morning person, but for boxing, I would gamely change my habits. We wish to go boxing at least twice or thrice a week, so I hope that we'll see great results soon haha.
Me before boxing
After boxing! 

I'm trying to find a song that suits my new pursuit towards a healthier/athletic (ahem) lifestyle, but I think this song would do for now :)



Much love,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment