Tuesday, November 29, 2011

To-do during christmas


You have a tree and I don't.Haha

I am not the type of person who celebrates Christmas. Growing up, my family does not place that much emphasis on this special season during the year.Don't get me wrong, I would like to believe that I am religious but then, I am just not someone who participates much into activities that involve any air of christmas except for the required christmas party.My family does not even have noche buenas and a christmas tree since forever! Maybe it's just part of being a Chinese family who places more attention towards Chinese New Year. In fact, we would often sleep come Christmas!

When I was younger, I traditionally demanded a christmas present from my parents.If what i ask for is just too much, i would always defend myself by saying that it's going to be the birthday+Christmas+ new year+ (insert holidays in here) gift.And I usually ask for things that are really not necessary especially at a very young age.My dad in reply would tell me that  it's christmas for me everyday.He was absolutely right.What he meant by his statement is that I do not need to look forward to christmas for the gifts to come because I am already showered by so many blessings everyday.In fact, I no longer have a christmas wish list of some sort.The only thing I have is a Christmas to-do list.

So, I am going to share with you some of the things that I want to do during Christmas break!

1) I've been planning to come up with a video in which I would be the scriptwriter and also the director and editor at the same time.Did that just sound funny? Oh well, I have been trying to come up with several concepts that i would like to feature but then i am also struggling to find the time to balance it with my academics and my duties as a daughter. I just cannot wait to meet with my best friend so that we can talk about how it would go! 

2) Aside from my attempt to my silly directorial debut, I am also going crazy thinking about the photo shoots that has to come soon.And since my dad would not allow me to have the camera here in Manila, all I have to do is wait until I reach home and take photos till the memory card gives up on me.Haha

3) Read, read, and read  a loooooooooooooooooooot so I won't be kicked out from the program.
4) Watch Koreanovelas and Japanese series to death. It's been so long since I last watched one series, and I have to catch up a lot and probably feel inspired by the cute love stories.

5) Get a lot of sleep in order for me to make up the sleepless nights.A lot of people tell me that I look different when i don't sleep since my eyes cannot lie at all. I aim to get more sleep so that my tired sad eyes can rest even for a short period of time.

I have just shared some of the things that I look forward to this christmas season.Like what I have said earlier, I am not the type who celebrates Christmas much but I very much believe that this is the time to be at home and spend quality time with my family. I cannot wait till school is over so that I can finally free myself from worries and get myself a break from the "independent" life that I am living, and spend my "not really a Christmas celebration" Christmas to where I really belong, and that is home.


Love,
Nikkiloveskiwi

1 comment:

  1. mi why nikkiwee? haha...lagay mo mag mmeet tayo on Christmas day...if ever...sana haha

    ReplyDelete