Saturday, November 19, 2011

Music to my heart

A lot of things happened this week and I'm quite disappointed that I was not able to post anything in my blog lately.And I'm afraid to say that next week is going to be much more difficult with all the reports that I have to deal with.I'll make it a point to really reward myself next week!

Anyhow,one of the things that continues to motivate me since last week is the new album of Florence and The Machine, "Ceremonials." I'm not a big fan of the English Indie Rock band before but I believe that this album made me appreciate their music into a whole new level.I have to say that their album features the best songs that I have heard this year.

My favorite song on the album is entitled "Breaking Down." Too bad my internet connection hates me right now and I won't be able to post the music videos here in my post!But going back to the acoustic version of the song, for me,this song starts of with what seems to be a fairytale tune.I can imagine a princess dancing on the garden of her palace while experiencing complete bliss.But then, once I heard the lyrics, what seemed to be my own illusion of a fairytale was replaced with a vision of reality itself.What's really beautiful is that I find myself immersed in the song because I think that the person in the song confronts oneself to the idea that there is the presence of a thing or a person that is frightening.Aside from that, there is the recognition that it is evident that it has always been present since from the very start, from childhood.I can really relate to the song because I am afraid of something but then the truth of the matter is that I don't do anything to come to terms with it.


All alone, 




Even when I was a child, 
I've always known, 
There was something to be frightened of. 
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/florence+and+the+machine/breaking+down_20983618.html ] 
And I can see it coming from the edge of the room. 
Creeping in the streetlight. 
Holding my hand in the pale gloom. 
Can you see it coming now? 




Another song that I really like in the album is entitled "Shake It Out." I was actually looking for the lyrics of this song then I came across a lot of information that really praises the song and the music video,too!For me, the message that the song tries to say is that there are lot of things that keep us holding on to the past but we should not dwell on these things and focus instead on what we ought to do at the present time.
I think I'm being dramatic but the culprit of such emotions I'm feeling right now is because of the beauty that transpires from all of the songs in this album. I am truly in love with the songs. :)




And I've been a fool and I've been blind




I can never leave the past behind
I can see no way, I can see no way
I'm always dragging that horse around

And our love is pastured such a mournful sound
Tonight I'm gonna bury that horse in the ground
So I like to keep my issues strong
But it's always darkest before the dawn

I highly encourage anyone to listen to their songs and take a moment just to appreciate what the songs offer to us.Believe me when I say that this album is one of the best things that has been produced this year.
Have a great weekend!
Love,
Nikkiloveskiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment