Saturday, August 20, 2011

Snakes and Earrings


So me and my friend were talking about japanese authors just last wednesday.Then I actually asked her about her facebook album dedicated to one japanese author.It was Ryu Murakami.Believe me,I had a hard time pronouncing his first name,which is Ryu.If you know me,you would know that I worship Haruki Murakami.But they are not related at all!So my friend told me that Haruki is more into fairytale-? while Ryu is more into the dark side.Unfortunately,there are no books I have encountered which Ryu wrote.After a lot of talking,our conversation jumped into another Japanese author.I forgot her name though.Teehee
And one novel of this author as made into a film,which was "Snakes and Earrings". But my friend warned me that I had to do some "preparation" before I watch the film since it's a serious film.
The next day,she finally gave me a copy of the film!YAY!!Then during night,I mustered enough courage to watch it.But unfortunately the subtitles wasn't working that night.There I was,watching this Japanese film with no subs.
The next day,I asked a little help with the subs since I badly need to understand it!!Good thing my magic worked at my second try.
I promise to write a post about the film since it's really amazing.I can't find the right words to describe it at the time being.I'm not the type who would watch a SERIOUS film,and I always look forward to a happy ending but this film made me feel like someone else.But I still feel pretty bad that it isn't happy ending though.Oh well...
I highly recommend this film.And if you do watch it,pls. look at it in another perspective.

Love,Nikkiloveskiwi


No comments:

Post a Comment